11 Things You Didn’t Know About Mthunzi From Scandal
When Bongile Mantsaid joined Scandal to play the role of Mthunzi Meyiwa Scandal fans threatened to stop watching the show if the writers continued giving him a winning streak.
Soapie fans were seriously tired of Scandal! villain Mthunzi getting away with murder.
The actor who also acted on Inxeba had it in for the Langa family after having a bad experience with the family as a child. It turned out Boniswa killed his father during apartheid and Mthunzi had to grow up without a father.
Mthunzi Meyiwa knew how to hold a grudge and make his enemies pay. He faked his way into Langa’s law firm and charmed Xolile so that he can steal their millions and own their company as he believed it was his inheritance.
When the pair prepared to marry, fans hoped he would be exposed, but that didn’t happen as Xolile ended up falling pregnant, but with Mthunzi’s enemy.
Xolile and Mthunzi’s wedding made hundreds of fans take to Twitter to voice their frustrations with the show’s writers regarding his storyline.
Here are some interesting facts about the actor:
- Bongile Mantsai originates from Stellenbosch, Western Cape
- Having been in the industry for over 15 years, Mantsai has worked with Brett Bailey and Lara Foot among others in the theatre.
- Mantsai is an artistic director at Zabalaza, a Baxter Theatre Centre Development Programme that develops theatre practitioners from in and around the Western Cape
- He best-known for his starring role in the acclaimed South African screenplay, Inxeba,
- Through Inxeba in 2018, he bagged a SA Film and TV Awards (Safta) gong for best-supporting actor.
- In 2014 Bongile Mantsai walked away with the best lead male actor award at the Naledi Theatre Awards.
- He has now joined the cast of Scandal! as Mthunzi Mayisa, a character that got him the attention he needed.
- The character portrays him as a ruthless villain, and Bongile has adjusted to being hated by viewers.
- The talented actor is from a musical and Christian home. His father was a bishop of the St Paul Apostolic church.
- Mantsai is a man of many talents. He played instruments at church and composed hymns as well as songs for a cappella.
- Bongile was born on the 3rd of February in the small township of Kayamnandi in Stellenbosch, Cape Town. Bongile was born in a Christian family and his father was a Bishop.
Other Stories You May Be Interested In:
- TGom The Queen Actress Rami Chuene Leaves Fans Thirsty With Latest Pic
- Simphiwe Dana Gets Trolled For Telling Tweeps To Get A Job