2023 Scholarships for US and International Students
Scholarships for students from anywhere in the world who want to study at Queen’s University in Canada are now available for the year 2023. The scholarships can be used for Bachelor’s degree programs in any subject offered by the university. The scholarship deadline is currently open.
Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario is a public research university that accepts talented students from different parts of the world. The university provides financial assistance to both international and US students throughout their studies.
Queen’s University in Canada owns a castle in East Sussex, England, and more than 1,400 hectares of land in Ontario.
The university is offering scholarships for Bachelor’s degree programs in any subject, with partial funding of up to $25,000. The scholarship is available to both international and US students.
International students are eligible for most admission scholarships and awards, but Canadian citizens and permanent residents are not eligible. First-year post-secondary students and graduates transferring into their second year of a Queen’s program are eligible for the scholarship.
If you are a Canadian citizen, have dual citizenship, or are a permanent resident of Canada, you can find out about scholarships and awards for new students by visiting the Future Students section.
You do not need to apply for this scholarship because you will be considered for it automatically.
As an International Student
There are several requirements you must meet to study at Queen’s University in Kingston, Canada. Here are the key requirements:
- Language Proficiency: To be accepted, you need to prove that you are good at English by showing scores from a test that is recognized such as TOEFL, IELTS, or CAEL. The required minimum scores for admission depend on the program, but usually, you should get at least 88 on the TOEFL iBT, an overall band score of 6.5 on the IELTS, or 70 on the CAEL.
- Academic Qualifications: You need to show proof of your academic qualifications by submitting official transcripts from all the schools you have attended. The minimum requirements for admission depend on the program, but usually, you need a high school diploma or an equivalent for undergraduate studies, and a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent for graduate studies.
- Application Forms: To apply, you need to fill out an application form on the Queen’s University website and provide any required supporting documents. You will also need to pay a fee that you can’t get back.
- Financial Support: You must show that you have enough money to pay for your tuition and living costs while you are studying in Canada. You can do this by providing bank statements or other financial documents.
- Study Permit: You must get a study permit from the Canadian government to study at Queen’s University. You can do this online or at a Canadian embassy or consulate in your country. As part of the application, you need to include a letter of acceptance from Queen’s University.
Health Insurance: You need to have health insurance while you are studying in Canada. You can buy insurance from a private provider or get coverage from the university’s health plan.
Please note that the requirements for admission may differ depending on your program of study, country of origin, and other factors. For more information on the requirements and how to apply, you can check the Queen’s University website and the Canadian government’s immigration website.
These sites will help you apply for the funding you need for your education and the migration process to Canada for your studies.
Getting a Part time job while studying at Queen’s University
As an international student studying at Queen’s University in Canada, you may find out that you need another source of income to meet your personal expenses. The scholarship on is own may not be enough to cover all your personal expenses as it is mainly focused on covering your school expenses.
There are several steps you can take to improve your chances of finding a job while you’re in school:
- Check with your university’s career services: Queen’s University has a Career Services office that can help you when you are searching for a job while learning. They can provide you with resources, advice, and support to help you find a job that fits your skills and interests.
- Look for on-campus jobs: Queen’s University has a variety of on-campus jobs for students, such as working in the library, bookstore, or cafeteria. These jobs are often flexible, and the employers know how the student schedules work, making it easier to balance work and school.
- Apply for co-op/internship programs: Co-op and internship programs are great opportunities for students to gain real-world work experience and make connections in their field of study. Queen’s University has several co-op and internship programs that you can apply for, which may lead to future employment opportunities.
- Consider volunteering: This can be a great way to gain experience, build your resume, and make connections in your community. Queen’s University offers many volunteer opportunities, both on and off-campus, that can help you develop your skills and make a positive impact in your community.
- Attend career fairs and networking events: Queen’s University hosts a variety of career fairs and networking events throughout the year, which are great opportunities to meet with employers, learn about job opportunities, and make connections in your field of study.
- Look for part-time jobs off-campus: If you’re looking for a part-time job off-campus, check out job postings online or in local newspapers, and consider applying to businesses that are close to your university. You can also reach out to employment agencies that can help match you with job opportunities.
It is important to note that you must always have a strong resume and cover letter that highlights your skills and experience. Don’t be afraid to reach out to potential employers to express your interest in working for them while you pursue your studies at the University.