8-Year-Old Girl Moria Accident8-Year-Old Girl Who Survived Moria Bus Accident Recovering Well In Hospital [Image: Facebook/New York Times]

Limpopo health MEC Dr Phophi Ramathuba has revealed that the 8-year-old girl who survived the horrific Moria bus accident is recovering well.


45 Dead After Bus Plunges Off A Bridge And Explodes

Lauryn Siako was the sole survivor of the tragic accident that happened on Thursday, 28 March 2024. A bus carrying 46 Botswana citizens heading to Moria in GaMokwane, Polokwane, veered off the road and fell off Mmamatlakala Bridge between Marken and Mokopane on the R518 Road in Waterberg District, Limpopo. The people were going to Moria for the Zion Christian Church (ZCC) Easter conference.

ALSO READ: Horrific Images From The Moria Bus Accident That Killed 45 Congregants Leave Mzansi In Tears

At the bridge, the bus plunged into a 50-metre-deep gorge on a rocky area before exploding into flames. Forty-five people, including the bus driver, perished in the crash. Some were burnt beyond recognition so much that by yesterday, only nine bodies had been identified. Emergency authorities had also recovered 34 bodies from the scene of the accident.

ALSO READ: Relatives Release Pictures Of Their Loved Ones Who Died In The Moria Bus Accident


8-Year-Old Girl Who Survived Moria Bus Accident Recuperating

8-Year-Old Girl Moria Accident
8-Year-Old Girl Who Survived Moria Bus Accident Recovering Well In Hospital [Image: TimesLIVE]


Dr Phophi Ramathuba, the MEC for health in Limpopo, rushed to the hospital where the girl was admitted and told the media that she is well and safe.

New York Times revealed that she only sustained lacerations on the arms, legs, head and back following the rash. Lauryn was with her grandmother, who tragically perished in the accident.

Dr Ramathuba disclosed:

“I attended the scene of the accident, but now our focus as the health department is on the brave little survivor. She is in safe hands in a hospital with experts looking after her. After the accident, she was immediately taken to the closest hospital to be stabilised, as the law requires.

“We have now moved her to a larger hospital with all the needed facilities and staff. She is starting to ask questions, but those questions I cannot answer in the public sphere. For now, we are focused on her physical and mental recovery.”

By Rumpel