Apply For The University of Otago International Excellence Scholarship
The University of Otago is a public research university located in Dunedin, New Zealand. It was founded in 1869 and is the oldest university in New Zealand. The university offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in various fields such as arts, business, health sciences, law, sciences, and social sciences. It is ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world and is highly regarded for its research and teaching excellence.
The university has a strong focus on international students and welcomes students from all over the world. International students make up around 15% of the student population, representing more than 100 countries. The university offers a variety of services and support for international students, including English language courses, cultural orientation programs, and academic advising.
More about The University of Otago
The University of Otago is known for its world-class research, with a focus on areas such as health, neuroscience, and genetics. It has a strong reputation in the fields of medicine, dentistry, and pharmacy, and its programs are highly respected around the world. The university also has several research centers and institutes, including the Otago Medical Research Institute, the Brain Health Research Centre, and the Centre for Sustainability.
In addition to its academic programs and research, the University of Otago has a vibrant campus life. There are more than 180 student clubs and societies, covering a range of interests such as sports, music, culture, and religion. The university has excellent sports facilities, including a fitness center, swimming pool, and sports fields. Dunedin is a lively and welcoming city with a rich cultural scene, including museums, galleries, and festivals.
Overall, the University of Otago is a highly respected institution with a strong focus on academic excellence, research, and student support. It offers a welcoming and inclusive environment for international students and provides a range of services and programs to help them succeed.
Important Information International Students should know
The University of Otago is a prestigious university located in Dunedin, New Zealand, that attracts many international students from all over the world. Here are some important things that international students should know about the University of Otago:
- Programs and Courses: The University of Otago offers a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate, and research programs in various fields such as arts, business, health sciences, humanities, sciences, and social sciences.
- Admissions: International students who wish to apply to the University of Otago can do so through the university’s online application system. They must provide academic transcripts, English language proficiency scores, and other supporting documents.
- Scholarships: The University of Otago offers a variety of scholarships for international students, including the International Master’s Scholarship, the Doctoral Scholarship, and the International Research Master’s Scholarship. These scholarships cover tuition fees, living expenses, and other costs.
- Accommodation: The University of Otago offers a range of on-campus and off-campus accommodation options for international students, including apartments, flats, and residential halls.
- Student Life: The University of Otago has a vibrant and active student life, with a variety of clubs and societies for students to join. The university also has a range of facilities such as sports facilities, a gym, a library, and health services to support the well-being of its students.
- English Language Requirements: International students must demonstrate their proficiency in the English language by providing scores from an approved English language test, such as IELTS or TOEFL.
- Visa Requirements: International students who are accepted into the University of Otago must obtain a student visa to study in New Zealand. They must meet the visa requirements, which include providing evidence of financial support, medical insurance, and a valid passport.
Overall, the University of Otago is an excellent choice for international students seeking quality education, a supportive community, and a diverse cultural experience.
Scholarship at The UniversitOtagortago
The University of Otago in New Zealand is currently accepting applications for the International Excellence Scholarship for the 2020/2021 academic session. This scholarship is for international students who are applying for a master’s degree and meet certain qualifications.
The Otago International Excellence Scholarships are designed to acknowledge and reward exceptional international postgraduate students who have demonstrated outstanding academic performance, diversity, and leadership potential. These scholarships are based on merit and provide financial support to high-achieving students, helping them to make a positive impact on society in the future.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Otago, New Zealand
Scholarships to be taken at the University of Otago, New Zealand
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship level: Masters
Scholarship Worth: Up to NZ$10,000
Subject Eligibility: Business and Humanities of Sciences
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Candidates are expected topossesss the following eligibility criteria for the University of Otago International Excellence Scholarship in New Zealand.
Applicants for the scholarship must be international students enrolling full-time in a master’s degree program at the University of Otago, New Zealand, and possess a bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent. Additionally, they must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner, with good interpersonal and communication skills.
Conditions for the Scholarship
- This scholarship is redeemable only as a credit towards tuition fees.
- Eligible students must have an Offer of a Place for full-time study in an eligible postgraduate programme.
- International students currently studying, and due to complete degrees at the University of Otago are eligible.
- Deferral of the scholarship is not normally possible.
- The scholarship applies for one year of study only, for a student’s first enrolment in that programme.
- The scholarship can only be awarded to a student once, even if they were to enrol in a second eligible programme.
- This scholarship will not appear on the recipient’s academic transcript.
- Payment of the scholarship for recipients who commence their full-time study at the University of Otago in semester 2 and intend to enroll in full-time study at the University of Otago in semester 1 in the following year, will normally receive half the scholarship amount when they commence their study in semester 2 and the remaining amount when they recommence in semester 1 the following year.
- The Scholarship cannot be held in conjunction with a University of Otago Coursework Master’s Scholarship or Master’s Research Scholarship.
- The Scholarship may be held with another scholarship as long as this is permitted within the regulations of the other scholarship(s). It is the responsibility of the recipient to declare multiple scholarships to the University of Otago.
- Students sponsored by their home Government or the New Zealand Government are not eligible for this scholarship.
- For the scholarship to be applied, recipients must be enrolled and studying the degree stated in the Offer of Place.
- If the student is not able to commence their studies by the enrolment date stated in their Offer of Place, the scholarship is no longer valid. If the student’s enrolment is moved to a subsequent start date, they will be reassessed for the scholarship to ensure they are still eligible.
- Recipients agree to reasonable requests from the University of Otago to appropriately represent the University and the scholarship.
- The University of Otago may, at any time, suspend or terminate the scholarship, or require the forfeiture of such proportion of the scholarship as the University of Otago may determine, if it is not satisfied that the recipient is enrolled and studying full-time, full-year, and diligently pursuing a full-time, full-year programme, or if the recipient has brought the University of Otago or the scholarship into disrepute.
- Upon the termination of a student’s enrolment for any reason, including his or her withdrawal, entitlement to scholarship funding shall be canceled. In such circumstances, the University may also require repayment (in part or full) of any scholarship payments already made.
* Australian citizens, permanent residents, and resident visa holders may be eligible for this scholarship if they are residing outside of New Zealand at the time of the study, as they would then be subject to paying international fees.
English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the University of Otago’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
To Apply Click HERE