Katlego Maboe Nabbed For Contempt Of Court
It never rain but pours for ex-Expresso presenter Katlego Maboe who was arrested and appeared in the Goodwood Magistrate’s Court earlier this month for being in contempt of court.
Late last year, Katlego Maboe made headlines following a nasty public fight with his baby mama Monique Muller.
The arrest is believed to be linked to a harassment case, opened by his former partner Monique Muller, after he allegedly violated a protection order she had been granted against him last year.
News of their troubled relationship was made public in October, when a video Muller had recorded of Maboe admitting to being unfaithful went viral.
Katlego Maboe, former presenter of Expresso on SABC3 and former face of Outsurance commercials, was arrested earlier this month for being in contempt of court, Western Cape police confirmed on Sunday.
“Kindly be advised that a 34-year-old man was arrested on 2 January 2021 in Pinelands for contempt of court and appeared in the Goodwood Magistrate’s Court on 6 January 2021,” provincial police spokesperson Colonel Andre Traut said in a written response to a local publication query.
This comes after Sunday publication Rapport reported that Maboe had been arrested and had appeared in court earlier this month. Although the publication did not give details about the case, it is understood that Maboe appeared in a case involving his former partner Monique Muller.
When approached for comment on details around Maboe’s arrest and recent court appearance, his publicist Lerato Maleswena revealed that the allegations made against her client were
“false and are an attempt by his former partner to harass and victimise him in order to cause him emotional harm, as well as reputational and economic damage”.
She said the matter was being heard in the Magistrate’s Court and was currently sub-judice.
Charges were false and vexatious’
“No further comment can be made and any party making comments to the media or publishing any allegations can be held in contempt of court,” she warned.
Maboe’s lawyer, Ellen Louis, said:
“My client did not have to appear in court as the charges were false and vexatious and the senior prosecutor decided that there is no merits in the charges.
“This matter is currently on trial and all parties were warned not to communicate with the press, therefore we can’t give any further comments as it will prejudice my client.”
Louis, like Maleswena, said most of the allegations against Maboe were false and an attempt to cause him economical and emotional harm.