Black Coffee Is Giving Away Bursaries
DJ Black Coffee is giving away bursaries worth R3.5 million.
South African record producer and songwriter, DJ Black Coffee is in partnership with HyperionDev. They are giving away educational bursaries to the value of R3.5 million. The Durban born internationally acclaimed house music DJ whose real name is Nkosinathi Innocent Maphumulo, broke the news on Twitter this morning.
“I am proud to announce that I have made an investment in @hyperiondev through @flightmodesa. I am joining in on their mission to assist the economy by focusing on new methods of enabling essential tech skills to the continent.”
The partnership aims to bring essential tech skills to the less privileged and break the digital divide in South Africa. The project hopes to reach thousands of people who otherwise could not have afforded this opportunity and aims to close the global tech skills gap through affordable, accessible, and personally mentored coding boot camps.
By giving away full scholarships to deserving dreamers with big ideas and plans for technology the initiative will be making tech education accessible to all.
Interested candidates have the next few weeks to apply and substantiate why they think they deserve a scholarship funded by Black Coffee and many other prominent investors around the world. All they have to do to enter is submit an entry on their website explaining why they deserve a share of R3.5 million worth of coding scholarships.
The announcement comes after the singer, Simpiwe Dana received backlash from Twitter for making online jokes about unemployment, which is a serious problem in South Africa. Whereas some celebrities victimize the unemployed, others are making a concerted effort to address problems.
There will be multiple categories of winners to ensure everyone has a chance to secure this exciting opportunity! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to tell the famous DJ why you deserve a coding Bootcamp scholarship. You can enter for the scholarship through the following three easy steps:
- Get passionate and tell the bursars why you should be funded. What’s got you this far in your journey? What company do you dream of working for? What’s your ultimate tech job? What great things do you want to build with your world-changing coding skills?
- Get creative. Record a 60-second video and write an essay. Excite the panel with your plans and goals, and you could get your coding Bootcamp paid for in full. Short and powerful is better than long and boring.
- Submit your entry below and we’ll get in touch when you get shortlisted!
You can enter for the scholarship on the following website: https://www.hyperiondev.com/winascholarship/
Other Stories You May Be Interested In:
- The Queen Shaqueesha Actress Joins Upcoming SABC Soapie The Estate
- Somizi And Mohale Dazzle On The Cover Of True Love Magazine