Mzansi Weighs In On Hulisani’s Weight Gain
947 Radio host Hulisani Ravele is once again under the spotlight after talking about her weight gain on her talk show. The former child star shared a snippet form a BBC Lifestyle show on social media, with a caption explaining that she had gained 10kg due to lockdown restrictions. Regardless of the sound explanation, responses from social media users referenced the radio host’s former lover Psyfo, who now goes by Sidwell Ngwenya, as the reason she put on weight. Ravele and Ngwenya’s 10-year relationship came to an amicable end in late 2017. It came as a shock when a mere two years later Ngwenya announced his nuptials to then fiancé Aamirah.
Though Huli has emphasised that she has moved on and has no regrets about dating Ngwenya, it seems Mzansi is desperately holding on to the link between the two. Every time either of them share news on social media, the other trends. Hulisani is not the only former YoTv presenter whose weight has triggered public curiosity, 5FM radio host Karabo Ntshweng recently called out those speculating that she is pregnant, explaining that her weigh gain is a result of medical treatment she is currently undergoing.
It has been more than two decades since media personality and businesswoman Hulisani Ravele first graced our screens on the set of kids show Puleng and Friends. The Sowetan born star went on to join SABC 1’s flagship kids programme YoTv and it wasn’t long before her cute chubby cheeks, sharp wit and infectious laughter won the hearts of South Africans. Whilst the nation witnessed her bloom into the formidable young woman she is today, like everything there is a downside. Hulisani has freckles and this subjected her to bullying both by the public and at school. Whilst others further bullied her for her 10kg weight gain, here are 10 things you might or might have not known about our beloved Huli.
- Hulisani’s TV career started at just 9 years old.
- Besides juggling school and a tv career, she graduated High School with a number of distinctions.
- Her academic prowess continued into varsity, graduating from UJ with a Bcom Marketing Management degree.
- Huli has been on three commercial radio stations, 5FM, Capricorn FM & now 947, she has also done sit ins for Power FM.
- She owns a production company Tshimbilini Productions, named after her mother.
- Hulisani has her own talk show on YouTube Heart-To-Heart.
- She MC’d Nelson Mandela’s 84th birthday.
- Huli holds a Bachelor of Arts in Motion Picture Medium from AFDA Cum Laude.
- She has a clothing line Muofhe Collection, a collaboration with PDesignsSA.
- Hulisani has portrayed herself on the SABC 2 Venda soapie Muvhango.
Other Stories You May Be Interested In:
- Simphiwe Ngema And Tino Chinyani’s Hot Valentine’s Photoshoot Leaves Fans Thirsting For More
- Lerato Kganyago’s Husband Books A Whole Stadium For Her Valentine’s Surprise