Two More Children Die After Eating SnacksTwo More Children Die After Eating Snacks from Spaza shop (Image Credit: X @MDNnewss)

In another tragic heart-wrenching incident, two children from Vredefort in Free State died after eating snacks from a foreign-owned spaza shop.

The tragic incident shocked the community and prompted a thorough investigation.

Two More Children Die After Eating Snacks

The two children, aged three and four, reportedly bought the snacks from a foreign spaza shop operating in their area. However, a few minutes after eating the snacks, they began to experience severe vomiting and tragically collapsed.

Two more children die after eating snacks from foreign Spaza
Two more children die after eating snacks from foreign Spaza (Image Credit: X @MDNnewss)

An ambulance was immediately dispatched to the scene, but despite the swift response, the two young girls were pronounced dead at a multi-purpose centre in Mokwallo, Vredefort.

Police Launch Investigations

The Police have since launched investigations into the case. However, at the time of reporting,  no one has been arrested in connection with the deaths of the two young girls.

Speaking to Sunday World, Free State Provincial Police Commissioner, Lieutenant-General Baile Motswenyane, emphasized the importance of a diligent investigation. He stated;

We want to assure the community of Mokwallo that as soon as the postmortem process has been completed and the results thereof prove that any specific person must carry the responsibility for their deaths, that individual will face the full might of the law.”

A Disturbing Trend

Regrettably, this incident is part of a concerning trend where children have fallen seriously ill or lost their lives after consuming snacks from spaza shops, particularly those owned by foreign nationals.

Just a month ago, in Naledi, Soweto, two children met a similar fate after allegedly consuming biscuits purchased from a shop owned by a foreign national.

Also Read: Two Boys Dead After Eating Poisonous Biscuits In Soweto

In Westonaria, another tragic incident occurred in October when two children were declared dead upon their arrival at Mandela Clinic in Bekkersdal after consuming snacks reportedly purchased from a local taxi rank.

By audrey

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comment moderation is enabled. Your comment may take some time to appear.