‘It’s Demeaning’ Actor Mangaliso Ngema Finally Opens Up About R*pe Allegations
South African actor Mangaliso Ngema, who was charged with r*pe by a family member in 2022, has had the charges withdrawn by the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA). The actor appeared in the Randburg magistrate’s court on June 9, 2022, and was released on bail.
Speaking to TshisaLIVE, Ngema expressed his relief and thanked those who stood by him during the case. He said he had expected the charges to be withdrawn, but the NPA was taking time due to ongoing investigations.
NPA Confirms the Withdrawal of the Case
Phindi Mjonondwane, the NPA South Gauteng spokesperson, confirmed that the case was withdrawn due to a lack of evidence and the prosecution’s conclusion that there were no prospects of a successful prosecution.
When the allegations arose, Ngema denied them and said that his family member had been showing signs of mental and spiritual instability. He said the allegations and social media trolls had a significant impact on him and his reputation.
Mangaliso Ngema Plans to Help Others with fake r*pe allegations
Ngema said that he plans to use his skills as a broadcaster to create a podcast that helps men who find themselves in similar situations. He wants to highlight the problems men face when falsely accused and provide support to those who need it.
The actor expressed his relief that the case was withdrawn, stating that it was embarrassing and demeaning to stand in front of a magistrate and that the charges had damaged his career. He said he was grateful for the opportunity to move on and continue to provide for his family.